WDC All-School Reunion and June Jubilee will be action packed June 10-12
Johnny Holm Band, Arch Allies and Mylo Hatzenbuler are musical highlights for the three days. Find out what you'll be doing when you come back for this three-days of fun in Wadena.
WADENA — If you're planning on attending the Wadena-Deer Creek All School Reunion coming up June 10-12, read on to find out what's to come and where to be.
It's been a long time coming for this event. You may remember the event was abruptly canceled in 2010 with the looming threat of a nasty storm that ended up being a school-destroying tornado.
Then 10 years later, the 2020 event was going to be bigger and better than ever — then COVID-19 put a stop to that event. Ditto for 2021.
Now it's 2022 and nothing (knock on wood) will stop this year's event.
The event falls in conjunction with all the fun of Wadena's signature summer event, June Jubilee. Johhny Holm Band, Arch Allies and Mylo Hatzenbuler are musical highlights for the three days.
Reunion committee members have been hard at work planning for this year's event. Here's what they've released of scheduled events so far.
Friday, June 10
- 7-10 a.m., Town & Country Breakfast at BN Park
- 9 -11 a.m., Hoot & Toot/EMS Vehicles at SuperOne / BN Park Area
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Wolverine Golf Scramble at Whitetail Run Golf Course
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m., All-School Reunion Registration/Check-In at the WDC Middle/High School. The School History display will also open at this time.
- Noon-3 p.m., Guided tours of WDC Schools
- 5:30 p.m., Sunnybrook 5K Stomp / Kids 1K Fun Run at Sunnybrook Park
- 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Class Get-Togethers at local restaurants/Sunnybrook Park shelters, etc.
- 6 p.m.-8 p.m., All-School Reunion registration/Check-In at Wadena County Fairgrounds
Saturday, June 11
- 9 -10 a.m., Pancake Breakfast at Sunnybrook Park
- 10 a.m.-Noon, Youth Fishing Derby at Sunnybrook Park
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., All-School Reunion Registration/Check-In at WDC Middle/High School
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Guided Tours of WDC Schools
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m., WDC Education Foundation Scholarship Luncheon / Silent Auction / School History Display at WDC Middle/High School
- 12-3 p.m., Cathy Erickson Polka Band at Polman Stage in BN Park
- 1-2 p.m., Mylo Hatzenbuler, “The Original Rock & Roll Farmboy” Comedian at HS Gym
- 3 p.m., Parade, downtown Wadena
- 5 -7 p.m., Bruce & TiKi D Band at Polman Stage BN Park
- 6 - 7:30 p.m., Class Get-Togethers at local restaurants/Sunnybrook Park shelters, etc.
- 9 p.m.-Midnight, Arch Allies Band, at Wadena County Fairgrounds Bandstand
- 10:30 p.m., Fireworks
Sunday, June 12
1 p.m., Gospel Music Review featuring Mylo Hatzenbuler at Wadena Memorial Auditorium (free will offering)