Winter clothing drive in East Otter Tail and Wadena counties underway
The Coats for Kids drive helps families in need access necessary winter clothing.
PERHAM — The Coats for Kids drive is underway in East Otter Tail and Wadena counties. This program helps to defray cold-weather clothing costs for parents who may not be able to afford it. Last year, more than 1,000 coats, hats, mittens and snow pants were handed out to families throughout the counties.
If you have coats or other winter gear in good condition that no longer fits your family, please consider donating those items to one of our sponsored locations throughout East Otter Tail and Wadena counties:
- Bremer Bank, Perham
- Kenny’s Candy, Perham
- K.L.N. Family Brand, Perham
- Perham Area Community Center, Perham
- Perham Health, Perham
- Shearer’s, Perham
- Tuffy’s Pet Food, Perham
- United Community Bank, Perham
- Brunswick NYM Operations, New York Mills
- Farmers & Merchant State Bank, New York Mills
- MBI Insurance Agency, Inc., Henning
- 1st National Bank, Henning
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Henning
- Maslowski Wellness & Research Center, Wadena
- United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties, Fergus Falls
Coats for Kids distributions times are 4–7 p.m. at these designated locations:
- Thursday, Oct. 6, Calvary Church, Perham
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, Maslowski Wellness & Research Center, Wadena
- Thursday, Oct. 13, Trinity Lutheran Church, Henning
For more information regarding United Way, visit their website at UWOTW.org or call 218-736-5147.