Police Blotter: Bear goes dumpster diving
Just a few of the many incident reports from Wadena County Sheriff's Office and Wadena Police Department in the past weeks.
Wadena County Sheriff's Office
- 8:18 p.m.: Received a call from an intoxicated male party who wants a brain scan because he can’t stop drinking.
- 10:28 p.m.: Received a call from a person who wanted to talk about past criminal cases and life in general.
- 1:43 p.m.: Responded to a crash in which the vehicle rolled eight times. The driver was checked out by an ambulance crew but was uninjured.
- 8:27 p.m.: Stopped a driver for speeding. The driver said he knew his speedometer was off by at least 15 mph, but he wasn’t exactly sure how far off it was. A deputy advised the driver to get the issue fixed as soon as possible.
9:19 p.m.: Responded to a report of a female laying in the middle of the street who said she had been walking too long. She told a deputy she’d gotten into an argument with her boyfriend, got out of the vehicle to walk home and became light headed. She was checked out by an ambulance crew and taken home.
- 8:56 p.m.: Received a report of a truck and camper stolen from a residence.
- 3:15 p.m.: Received a report of a woman assaulted by a male in her garage.
- 3:47 p.m.: Received a report of a domestic assault. A woman told a deputy her husband had changed the locks on their house, was at the house with his girlfriend trying to take her things and the confrontation became physical.
2:50 a.m.: Assisted the Wadena Police Department with a report from a man saying there is a person in his yard threatening him and saying he has a gun in the vehicle.
1:51 a.m.: Received a report from a man who was hearing a lot of noise coming from the woods. The noise appeared to have been from a bear that was in a dumpster. The responding deputy found bear tracks but did not see the bear. The man was advised to make loud noises, like clapping or hollering, and the bear would leave.
Wadena Police Department
- 8:39 a.m.: Received a report of two gunshots. Officers were unable to locate the source.
- 9:08 a.m.: Responded to a report of a single-vehicle crash at the intersection of First Street and Dayton Avenue Southwest. The driver reported having a medical event, losing consciousness and colliding with a telephone pole and stop sign.
- 4:18 p.m.: Received a report that a storage unit had been broken into and several items were stolen.
10:53 a.m.: Received a report that someone stole the taillights off a pickup.
1:51 p.m.: Received a report of a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Jefferson Street North and Birch Avenue Northwest.
- 11:36 a.m.: Received a report someone had tried to break into the horse barn at the Wadena County Fairgrounds.
- 6:45 p.m.: Received a report of parts missing from equipment.
4:09 p.m.: Received a report of a $37 gas drive off on the 100 block of Ash Avenue Northeast.
8:25 a.m.: Received a report of a bike seat stolen off a bicycle on the 700 block of Second Street Northwest.