Lane closures on Highway 78 between Battle Lake and Ashby start today
The daily closures will last approximately one week.
PERHAM — Starting Tuesday, Aug. 9, weather permitting motorists will encounter daily lane closures on Highway 78 between Battle Lake and Ashby for approximately one week. Crews will be restriping the short section of divided highway near Eagle Lake.
Earlier this year, the Minnesota Department of Transportation evaluated this area and determined the passing lanes do not meet current standards. The passing lane markings will be removed and the highway will be restriped as one lane in each direction. A left turn lane will also be added to the southbound lane at South Eagle Lake Road.
Reminders for motorists regarding work zone safety:
- Slow down when approaching every work zone, then navigate through with care and caution
- Stay alert; work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient; expect delays, especially during peak travel times