Skid steer catches fire near Sebeka
The Wadena County Sheriff's Office responded to a 911 call shortly after 3 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 6, for a skid steer on fire, northeast of Sebeka.
The skid steer was parked inside a barn and a fire ignited when the machine was started. The property owners were able to extinguish the flames with snow prior to the fire department arriving on scene. Upon the Sebeka Fire Department's arrival, the implement started on fire again and was extinguished by the crew, after it was pulled out of the barn.
There were no injuries reported. The property is owned by Clarence and Renee Tappe. The Sheriff's office assisted on scene with Sebeka Fire Department and Tri-County Healthcare Ambulance. The Menahga Fire Department was paged for mutual aid assistance and canceled prior to arrival.