Several WDC BPA members advance to state
Wadena-Deer Creek BPA members competed at the regional Business Professionals of America (BPA) competition recently in Detroit Lakes and several students will advance to State BPA on March 7-9 in Minneapolis.
Those advancing to state are:
• Cole Pearson: 1st Payroll Accounting, 1st Advanced Accounting, 1st Banking and Finance
• Leah Spilman: 1st Database, 2nd Fundamentals of Web Design
• Kylie Matthews: 2nd Business Law and Ethics, 1st in Website Design Team
• Kiersten Vogt: 2nd Database, 1st Website Design Team
• Paul Kim: 4th Database, 2nd Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications
• Devin Sunstrom: 3rd Database, 2nd Digital Publishing
• Emma Erkenbrack: 5th Database, 4th Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications
• Sara Goetz: 3rd Fundamentals of Web Design
• Grace Hinojos: 3rd Legal Office Procedures
• Jaron Englund: 4th PC Service and Troubleshooting, 2nd Network Admin using Microsoft
• McKenzie Shamp: 6th Payroll Accounting
Other competitors: Zach Meeks, Lucas Hinojos, and Bereket Loer.
According to BPA advisor, Shayne Haustveit, "this year's group was by far the largest amount of entries to qualify for state competition."