Police Blotter - April 4 - 11
Wadena Police Department
Caller wanted to file a missing persons report. Caller has not heard from missing person and has no idea where he is.
• Officers responded to a disturbance. Parties were arguing near Human Services. Parties were identified and separated.
• Officer conducted a traffic stop for loud exhaust and failure to use turn signal. Male driver was arrested for DWI.
Caller reported having her wallet stolen two weeks ago. She called again stating someone had stolen her checkbook and wallet out of her vehicle on March 23. He returned her debit card and apologized for his actions and stated he would pay her back.
Two males were observed looking for something near fence by sheriff's office building. Male was arrested on Clay County warrant.
Received video of someone taking things. Miscellaneous items were stolen from self checkout. Video and still images identified a male and female party driving a black pickup. Officers made contact with individuals and confirmed the theft was accidental.
Wadena County Sheriff's office
Patient locked themselves in their room and is semi-combative. Officer assisted ambulance crew.
• Caller stated they were demolishing a barn on their property and found a container with an explosive sign on it. Crow Wing County Bomb Squad was contacted.
• Officers responded to a possible overdose. Female was transported to the emergency room.
• A male party wearing a blue jean jacket was walking with his hands above his head. Was walking because he didn't have a license.
• Complainant stated a male threw ice and snow at his vehicle. During a second call another male could be heard yelling about the vehicle speeding.
• Vehicle headed toward Verndale was rear ended by a semi truck. Officers assisted at the scene.
• Complainant stated a female with tattoos and piercings came to his door asking for a ride into town. This is not the first time she has asked.
• Caller complained about a bobcat damaging township roads.
Officers assisted fire department with grass fire.
Received a report of a fire in a ditch. Staples Police Department put fire out