Police Blotter - Feb. 28 - March 7
Wadena Police Department
• Two males punching each other. One male left.
• Owner of Divas reported a male party hanging around business and acting strange. Male was asked to leave. Complainant requested an officer's presence to discuss trespassing.
• Complainant purchased Xbox and games from a video store. A message came over his Xbox demanding $100 in order for the Xbox to work.
Strange man came into store stumbling around and confused. Tried buying cigarettes and alcohol but was turned away for no identification.
Police department received information about a male tattooing in his apartment. Officers checked and the male has not been able to tattoo in years because of his health issues. Also, his tattoo materials were stolen.
Caller stated a green van tried to run him off the road after failing to stop at a stop sign. Caller claimed the vehicle made a U-turn then head toward John's Car Care.
Wadena County Sheriff's Office
• Complainant was scammed out of $12,000. Officer gathered information and conducted follow up.
• Vehicle strikes buggy. Minor injuries were reported and officers assisted at the scene.
• Male party believes he his being pranked called by a nurse. Officers advised him to contact his doctor about the call. The number did come back to Tri-County Health Care.
• Officer observed vehicle speeding. Radar gun lock at 72 mph. Officer initiated pursuit and vehicle entered the ditch. The female driver was unaware of her speed. A tow was contacted and she was cited.
A report of a structure fire.
• Vehicle was searched because it smelled of marijuana. A small amount of marijuana was seized and destroyed. The driver was cited for speed.
• Complainant stated a car was driving by his parents house. The vehicle turned around in their driveway and met with another vehicle. Complainant believes the suspicious behavior is due to drugs.
• Dodge Ram versus trailer. Trailer hit ice and jackknifed into truck.
Vehicle rollover. Occupant were checked and released.