Police Blotter - Feb. 19 - 28
Wadena Police Department
• Gold 2009 Chevrolet Impala stolen from parking lot.
• Complainant reported that her house was broken into. Burglars entered the house and stole several DVDs.
Officers received a report of a male party driving around the parking lot and making people nervous. It appeared that he may be recording people on his phone. Contact was made with the individual and he denied recording people. He stated that he was sitting in the car while his kids played with tablets.
Caller reported a snake in the laundry room. Caller requested an officer take the snake to the humane society.
Someone found a wallet in a snowbank at the skatepark. The wallet was turned into the Wadena Police Department.
• Complainant stated a male patron was acting strange and under the influence of drugs. The complainant request an officer walk her to her vehicle.
• New York Mills Patrol Department was pursuing a vehicle headed toward Wadena. The vehicle was stopped before encountering Wadena officers.
Wadena County Sheriff's Office
A report of an infant drowning in a tub. The infant was removed and breathing before first responders arrived.
Male party being disruptive in lobby. He wanted information on his significant other who is incarcerated.
Authorities pursued semi truck. Truck was stopped and the driver was detained.
• Female didn't show up for work. Staff requested a welfare check. Officer responded and found the female in question. She was OK and needed no assistance. She was encouraged to notify her job that she is alright.
• A report of a stolen black trailer.
• Driver was given verbal warning for passing on the right.