Police Blotter - Jan. 31 - Feb. 10
Wadena County Sheriff's Office
• Complainant contacted authorities about their aggressive German Shepherd. The dog has been getting mean and attacked one of the kids. Officer responded and offered advice about neutering the dog.
• Female party stated that an alarm is going off at the Verndale School. No fire at the school but a broken water pipe was discovered.
• Township requested assistance from the sheriff's department regarding an individual putting up no trespassing signs on public property. Civil issue, signs were removed.
• Female party reported to be bleeding from the mouth and not responsive.
• An officer was requested at the ER. A female was restrained for attempting to bite an officer.
• Complainant contacted law enforcement after seeing a video on YouTube of a person walking around her property recording various things.
Officer was called in to assist with a severely intoxicated female. The female was suffering from alcohol poisoning and may have been raped. A rape kit was conducted and the officer collected the evidence.
A reported fight between two male parties at the library.
A report of a male party being aggressive. Female party is scared the male will go for his gun. The male was arrested for domestic assault.
A skid steer was reported on fire in a barn.
Wadena Police Department
• White van backed into a light pole in the Dairy Queen parking lot. Owner of the Dairy Queen reported a slight tilt in the light pole.
• Caller reported three kids in a black SUV with no adult. Officer conducted a welfare check.
• Older female fell several times and was experiencing numbness in her legs. Female was transported to Tri-County.
• A vehicle hit a semi truck. No injuries were reported.
A folded piece of paper containing money was found in the backdoor of the Wadena Police Department building.
A report of a man in a green coat asking people in the area for money. The male approached an individual buckling a child in their vehicle. The male made the individual uncomfortable. Officers responded to the male party and told him to stop soliciting.
• Complainant reported a suspicious vehicle driving through the parking lot whenever she is shoveling. The driver stares and leaves. Officers responded and could not locate the vehicle.
• Plow driver found vehicle in the ditch. Male and female in the vehicle possibly intoxicated.
• Complaint of a disgruntled customer at the liquor store.
• Complainant reported property damage. His camper windows appear to be shot out.
Caller reported a snowmobile sitting in the ditch. The snowmobile has been in the ditch for a few days and has no current registration.
Diesel truck in the ditch. A tow company was contacted for help.
Officers respond to a suicidal male. The male has several loaded firearms. The male was transported to the emergency room.