Fire destroys hunting cabin in Blueberry Township
No one was injured but a hunting cabin was lost to a fire Sunday morning east of Menahga.
At about 1 a.m., Sunday, Oct. 21, the Wadena County Sheriff's Office was dispatched to a structure fire in the 36000 block of 149th Ave, Blueberry Township, Section 24. It was reported that a hunting cabin had started on fire.
The occupants were up for the weekend getting the hunting cabin ready for the upcoming firearms deer opener. One of the occupants, Christina Pace, 30 of Sartell, could smell smoke in the cabin. Pace woke the other individuals inside the cabin, David Hall, 32 of Woodbury and Nicholas Hodges, 31 of Cambridge. Pace told the deputy that they use wood and propane to heat the cabin. It was reported that fire was observed by the chimney.
The Wadena County Sheriff's Office was assisted by Menahga PD, Sebeka PD, Menahga Fire Department, Sebeka Fire Department, Menahga First Responders and Tri County Ambulance.