LREC awards $44,175 in Operation Round Up funds
Since 2007, Operation Round Up has awarded $479,370 and has proved to be a valuable charitable fundraising program.
Lake Region Electric Cooperative impacted 109 local organizations through their latest Operation Round Up allocation of $44,175.
Since 2007, Operation Round Up has awarded $479,370 and has proved to be a valuable charitable fundraising program, according to an LREC news release.
This quarter, organizations receiving funds were:
- Five county extension offices for 4-H;
- Five county fair associations for fair expenses;
- 23 cities for community festivals;
- 26 fire departments for department expenses;
- 14 food pantries for the March food drive;
- 13 post prom committees for party expenses, and;
- 23 schools for scholarships.
To request funding for a community project, complete the online Operation Round Up request for funding form found on lrec.coop/oru and submit it with supporting documentation for consideration. Applications for the next round of funding will be accepted until March 15.
Operation Round Up is a voluntary charitable fundraising program through LREC. The trust fund is overseen by a volunteer, nine-member board of trustees who are selected to serve by LREC’s board of directors.