Headwaters opens fall series Sept. 4
Headwaters Center for Lifelong Learning will open its fall series with "Tales from a Real CSI—We're Not Acting!" from 1-2:30 p.m., Sept. 4 at Park Theatre in Park Rapids.
Janet Nelson, Retired BCA Special Agent and crime scene team member, will talk about the work at a real crime scene and maybe poke a little fun at the "As Seen on TV" crime scene. She'll consider questions such as:
• Can we really get DNA results in an hour?
• How do we get the job done in high heels and tight jeans?
• Do we really stand around in darkened rooms, speaking in tense, hushed tones?
• Can we zoom in on the video and "enhance"?
• Does the killer ever return to the scene of the crime?
The program is open to the public, free of charge, and handicap-accessible. Refreshments and water are provided.
The fall series includes eight programs on Tuesdays, 1-2:30 p.m. Sept. 4 to Oct. 23. Brochures are available at the Chamber of Commerce, Beagle Books, and Park Rapids Library.
HCLL is a nonprofit educational organization run by a volunteer board of directors. The organization depends on donations to pay rental costs, speaker fees, insurance, printing and mailing costs.