Community calendar: Sept. 22 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Thursday, Sept. 22
Chili Cook-off in downtown Wadena from 3-6 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 23
Final "Arts in the Market" event includes a demonstration of framed dried flower pictures with Anna Wood at the Wadena Farmers Market on Wesley Lawn. Events are typically from 2 - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 24
- Drastic Measures hosts the annual Oktoberfest. Event includes kids games, vendors, buck saw race, pie eating contest, live music and more from 4 - 10 p.m.
- Princess Warrior 5K sets off at 10 a.m. in Tapley Park in Wadena. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Northern Minnesota Draft Field Horse Day starts at 10 a.m. at England Prairie Pioneer Club grounds at 14229 County Road 1 in Verndale. Expect 75 to 100 draft horses and mules doing farm work and demonstrations throughout the day. Contact Duane Cronquist at 218-639-0012 for more information.
Thursday, Sept. 29
Free clothes giveaway from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wadena Assembly of God Church, 419 First Street NW in Wadena. All items are free and include maternity, blankets, newborn - 4T clothes, pack n' plays, baby bath tubs, high chairs, diapers, etc. No donations are needed. Hosted by the Lakes Area Pregnancy Support Center.
- Wadena Farmer's Market open Tuesdays in BN Park from 7 -11 a.m.; and Fridays on the Wesley Lawn from 2-5:30 p.m.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.