Community calendar: Sept. 15 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Friday, Sept. 16
- It's pick up day for "Let's Create Kits" at the Wadena Library from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pickup kits for kids and adults and see what you can make.
- The first day of the eighth annual Potato Field Days invites neighbors out to an all you can dig party from sunrise to sunset. Bring a potato fork and bucket/bag and fill to your heart's content. Days include Sept. 16-18 and again Sept. 23-25. Directions: From the Hwy 71/Hwy 29 Intersection in Wadena, take Hwy 71 south for 3 miles. Take a left on County Road 104 for ½ mile. Take a right onto County Rd 100. Signs will be posted.
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Staples Assembly of God Chili Feed at 5:30 p.m. with guest speaker Rich Scherber sharing at 7 p.m. Sample many chili recipes with free will donations going to MN Adult and Teen Challenge.
- Salsa Fest dishes out salsa and fun from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Burlington Northern Park. Take dance lessons, enter the salsa/hot sauce contest, learn from agriculture classes.
Monday, Sept. 19
Come learn the art of modern square dance! The Wadena Whirlaways
organization is holding lessons starting Sept. 19 from 7-9 p.m. at St.
Michael's Catholic Church in Motley. Accepting new dancers until
Wednesday, Sept. 21
Wadena Senior Center birthday party at 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 22
Chili Cook-off in downtown Wadena from 3-6 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 23
Final "Arts in the Market" event includes a demonstration of framed dried flower pictures with Anna Wood at the Wadena Farmers Market on Wesley Lawn. Events are typically from 2 - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 24
Drastic Measures hosts the annual Oktoberfest. Event includes kids games, vendors, buck saw race, pie eating contest, live music and more from 4 - 10 p.m.
- Wadena Farmer's Market open Tuesdays in BN Park from 7 -11 a.m.; and Fridays on the Wesley Lawn from 2-5:30 p.m.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.