Community calendar: Oct. 13 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Thursday, Oct. 13
Wadena Whirlaways square dance from 7:30 - 10 p.m. at St. Michael's Catholic Church in Motley. Theme is "Farm to Table."
Friday, Oct. 14
- Copper Street Bass performs at 7:30 p.m. at the Wadena Memorial Auditorium.
- Someplace Safe 8th Annual Chili Lunch fundraiser serving chili with fixings, desserts and beverages. 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Wadena VFW. Free will donations.
- Women's IF Gathering at Verndale Family Life Church starts at 6 p.m. and continues into Saturday, Oct. 15.
Wednesday, Oct. 19
- The premier of Common Ground's PBS documentary on the renovation of Sebeka's Finnish-built log school house is at 6:30 p.m. at the Sebeka Public School. Coffee and treats to be served.
- Wadena Senior Center birthday party starts at 2:30 p.m.
- Wadena Farmer's Market open Tuesdays in BN Park from 7 -11 a.m.; and Fridays on the Wesley Lawn from 2-5:30 p.m.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.