Community calendar: Nov. 10 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Thursday, Nov. 10
Wadena Whirlaways host a Veterans Day themed dance from 7:30-10 p.m. at St. Michael's Catholic Church in Motley. Abe Maire is the caller.
Friday, Nov. 11
Free Veterans Day supper will be served to all veterans and their spouses at the Elmer Goche VFW Post 3922 in Wadena from 5 - 6:30 p.m. The public is also invited following the supper at 7 p.m. when Ruth Clark will introduce the Voice of Democracy and Patriot Pen students who will present their essays. John Pate will introduce the American Legion Boys State student who will talk about his experience from last June.
Friday, Nov. 18
Wadena Fire Department Turkey Bingo at the Wadena-Deer Creek Elementary from 7-9 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 19
St. Ann’s Catholic Church is partnering with the Wadena Area Farmers Market and will have their annual Holiday Fair and Winter Farmer’s Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Ann’s in the parish hall and office building. Many unique gift ideas, canned goods and produce available.
Sunday, Nov. 20
Free Thanksgiving dinner planned at 6 p.m. at the Wadena Assembly of God Church. Everyone welcome. The church is located at 419 First St NW
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.