Community calendar: May 19 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Thursday, May 19
Join the Wadena Area Concert Association as they plan for the future at 6:30 p.m., at the Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wadena.
Friday, May 20
- England Prairie pancake supper from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. at England Prairie Grounds.
- Kim Pexsa's retirement party from 2-4 p.m. at the Wadena Federal Credit Union.
Saturday, May 21
- The Wadena Garden Club is hosting a kids activity day from 9 a.m. to noon at Burlington Northern Park.
- Second annual Wadena Fire Department Relief Association golf scramble. Lunch at 11 a.m. and noon tee off.
Monday, May 23
- Fifth-sixth grade elementary music and seventh-eighth grade choir concert at WDC high school gym at 1:30 p.m.
- W-DC High School band and choir concert at 8 p.m. at the middle/high school gym.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Free community meal, drive-thru style, every last Thursday of the month from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.