Community calendar: May 19 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
We are part of The Trust Project.
Thursday, May 19
Join the Wadena Area Concert Association as they plan for the future at 6:30 p.m., at the Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wadena.
Friday, May 20
- England Prairie pancake supper from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. at England Prairie Grounds.
- Kim Pexsa's retirement party from 2-4 p.m. at the Wadena Federal Credit Union.
Saturday, May 21
- The Wadena Garden Club is hosting a kids activity day from 9 a.m. to noon at Burlington Northern Park.
- Second annual Wadena Fire Department Relief Association golf scramble. Lunch at 11 a.m. and noon tee off.
Monday, May 23
- Fifth-sixth grade elementary music and seventh-eighth grade choir concert at WDC high school gym at 1:30 p.m.
- W-DC High School band and choir concert at 8 p.m. at the middle/high school gym.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Free community meal, drive-thru style, every last Thursday of the month from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.