Community calendar: March 31 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Friday, April 1
- Take-out and dine in fish fry at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Staples from 4:30-7 p.m. Meals include fried fish, potatoes, baked beans, coleslaw, seafood salad, bread and homemade dessert for a cost. You can also pre-order meals by calling 218-296-6843.
- The Madhatters' production of "Into the Woods" opens at Memorial Auditorium at 6 p.m. Tickets are for sale at the door. Shows on April 2, 8 and 9 at 6 p.m. and April 3 and 10 at 2 p.m. are also available.
Saturday, April 2
- Kids garage sale at the New York Mills School Commons from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Staples Area Men's and Women's Chorus share songs from the silver screen starting at 7 p.m. at the Timbers Restaurant and Event Center. Tickets are available at the door.
- Root River Jam concert and storytelling at 7:30 p.m. at the New York Mills Cultural Center.
- Bertha Fire Department ham bingo fundraiser at the Bertha Community Center. Meal starts at 5 p.m. with sloppy joes and popcorn, and bingo starts at 6 p.m.
Sunday, April 3
Bluffton Lions pancake breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to noon at the Bluffton Community Center. The all you can eat breakfast includes pancakes, sausage, French toast, juice and coffee; gluten free options will be available.
Monday, April 4
Wadena Armory COVID testing center is closed.
Tuesday, April 5
- Donate Life flag raising ceremony at the Garden of Hope in front of the Wesley building at 9 a.m. All donor families, transplant recipients, friends and the public are invited to gather for a short program.
- First Tuesday dance at the Wadena VFW from 1-4 p.m.
- Wadena Armory COVID testing center is closed.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Life After Loss group for parents dealing with the loss of a child on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. on Zoom with Wellness in the Woods. Join by clicking the VSPN logo at www.mnwitw.org/vpsn.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Free community meal, drive-thru style, every last Thursday of the month from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.