Community calendar: March 17 edition
Thursday, March 17
Public input meeting for the Greenwood Avenue improvement project at 6 p.m. at the Wadena County Courthouse auditorium.
Friday, March 18
- Take-out and dine in fish fry at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Staples from 4:30-7 p.m. Meals include fried fish, potatoes, baked beans, coleslaw, seafood salad, bread and homemade dessert for $13. You can also pre-order meals by calling 218-296-6843.
- Join the Staples-Motley middle school theatre group for "Almost History: that whole space time continuum thing" in Centennial Auditorium at 7 p.m. on Friday and 2 p.m. on Saturday. Tickets are available at Staples ACE Hardware, Staples True Value, 1st Int'l Bank and the school office.
Saturday, March 19
- Celebrate National Quilting Day by taking a beginner level class on creating a table runner at Hometown Crafts from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost is $15 plus supplies.
- Leprechaun Olympics at the Wadena VFW starting at 5 p.m. Drink specials, DJ, fun and games.
Monday, March 21
Learn about heart health with Tri-County Health Care cardiologist Dr. Wade Schmidt from noon to 1 p.m. at the St. Ann's Parish Hall. Registration is required. You can visit the Tri-County website or call 218-632-8734 to register.
Tuesday, March 22
Enjoy the Tasty Tuesdays 4-H program online from 6-7 p.m. Each week has different topics with this week's featuring egg recipes. You can register on the University of Minnesota Extension website.
Thursday, March 24
Wadena Whirlaways Square dance at the Staples Community Center, 425 4th St. NE from 7:30-10 p.m. The theme is pastels and the caller is Myron Hollatz.
Saturday, March 26
Free community breakfast at the Motley United Methodist Church from 9 - 10:30 a.m. All are welcome.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Life After Loss group for parents dealing with the loss of a child on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. on Zoom with Wellness in the Woods. Join by clicking the VSPN logo at www.mnwitw.org/vpsn.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Free community meal, drive-thru style, every last Thursday of the month from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.