Community calendar: June 30 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Wednesday, June 29
Wadena Area Job Fair from 2-6 p.m. at the Wadena County Fairgrounds. For more information, call the Wadena CareerForce at 218-631-7660.
Adult Regional Art Show
The Cultural Center in New York Mills will be hosting an adult regional art show through July 2. The show will feature artists throughout the region exhibiting their best 2D and 3D artwork, with the theme "When the Work is Done." Open to the public. For more information, contact the Cultural Center at 218-385-3339 or email@example.com.
Monday, July 4
Celebrate Independance Day!
Tuesday, July 5
- Author Jessica Sly is hosting a book signing event at the Wadena Library at 10 a.m. She'll give a presentation on her writing and publishing journey with time for questions and signing. You can even buy her books.
- First Tuesday of every month there will be a senior dance at the Wadena VFW. Everyone is welcome. There is a $6 admission to cover the band.
Sunday, July 10
Enduro race at 1 p.m. at the Wadena County Fairgrounds.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Free community meal, drive-thru style, every last Thursday of the month from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.