Community calendar: June 23 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Wednesday, June 22-26
Wadena County Fair festivities. Visit wadenacountyfairmn.com or check out the preview in this week's paper for more information.
Saturday, June 25
Deer Trails Day in Deer Creek. Smoking Hot 5K starts at 8 a.m. Grand parade at 11 a.m. Lots of fun and food to follow.
Tuesday, June 28
The Bloodmobile is coming to Immanuel Lutheran Church in Wadena from noon to 6 p.m. The church is located at 403 Second Street SE.
Wednesday, June 29
Wadena Area Job Fair from 2-6 p.m. at the Wadena County Fairgrounds. For more information, call the Wadena CareerForce at 218-631-7660.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Free community meal, drive-thru style, every last Thursday of the month from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.