Community calendar: July 28 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Friday July 29- Sunday July 31
Sebeka's Red Eye River Days kicks off with football, baseball and corn hole tournaments on Friday. Saturday includes free kids games, ice cream, music and more. Parade is at 7:30 p.m. Sunday includes duck race, breakfast and raffle. Sebeka all school reunion is also happening this weekend.
Friday July 29 and Saturday, July 30
Verndale Days celebration. Home Run hitting contest starts at 5 p.m. Friday. Bison game to follow. Saturday kicks off with Raider Run, games, food trucks and grand parade at 6 p.m. Street dance at 9 p.m.
Sunday, July 31
- Esther Lutheran Church's Polka Worship and Annual Ice Cream Social includes worship starting at 11 a.m. with an ice cream social following from noon to 5 p.m. Esther Lutheran Church is located at 11019 625th Ave., in Parkers Prairie.
- Enduro Races at 1 p.m. at the Wadena County Fairgrounds.
Wednesday, Aug. 3
The Hartley Family Bluegrass band from Arkansas will be presenting a Bluegrass Gospel Concert at the Central Methodist Church at 7 p.m. They have been performing for several years with the goal to honor God and bring joy to people. The air conditioned church is located 6 miles north of Hwy 10 on Co. Rd. 26. Free will offering will be taken.
Thursday, Aug. 4
Crazy Days in Wadena.
Brunch, Lunch, Root Beer at Bertha Festival, Aug. 7
Come for brunch or lunch and stay for the fun at the St. Joseph Catholic Church Festival in Bertha on Sunday, Aug. 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enjoy biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs and ham and fruit at 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. brunch (freewill offering). Or, choose a $6 grilled hot dog or brat meal from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cool off with an ice cream float made with locally brewed Thousand Lakes Brewing root beer.
Shop at the silent auction and country store. Play Bingo, children’s games and walk the cake walk. Tickets available for the all-cash raffle at 1 p.m.
The church is located at 201 Cherry St., Bertha.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.