Community calendar: July 14 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Friday, July 15 and Saturday July 16
- Hewitt Pickle Fest includes food, fun games throughout two days. Lions Feed and Historical Society treats from 5 - 7 p.m. on Friday. Parade is scheduled for noon on Saturday.
- Prairie Fire Children's Theatre performances of Wizard of Oz will be performed at Wadena's Memorial Auditorium at 7 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday.
Sunday, July 17
The Music in the Park Series in Staples kicks off at 7 p.m. with the classic country band Alan Godage & Sundown. This is the second concert in the series which will run for five Sundays.
Monday, July 18
Interview training at Wadena Career Force from 10 a.m. to noon.
Tuesday, July 19
Learn some tools about creating a stellar resume from Wadena Career Force online class from 10 – 11 a.m.
Thursday, July 21
- Firearm safety class starts in Verndale. Class dates: July 21, Thurs. July 26, Tues. July 28, Thurs. Aug. 1, Mon. Aug. 2, Tues. Aug. 4, Thurs. Aug. 5, Fri. Class time: 6 - 8 p.m. Field Day: Aug. 6, Saturday at 8 a.m. - Knob Hill 3334 Knob Hill Rd, Wadena. To register or for questions contact Darin Wegscheid at 218-639-2922 or email
. Must be 11 years of age before class start date listed above in order to be eligible to take this class.
- Lions Annual BBQ serving from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at BN Park. Advance tickets can be purchased from members.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.