Community calendar: Aug. 25 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Thursday, Aug. 25
Highway 10 Improvement Open House. Maslowski Wellness & Research Center at 17 SW 5th St. from 4-6 pm.
Friday, Aug. 26
Ag & Energy Research Day at Central Lakes College in Staples from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. 26505 County Road 2, Staples. All activities are free and open to the public.
Friday, Aug. 26-28
England Prairie Pioneer Days. Gates open at 4 p.m. on Friday, 7:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Full schedule of events inside this week's edition.
Saturday, Aug. 27
Championship Enduro Races at 1 p.m. at the Wadena County Fairgrounds.
Thursday, Sept. 8
Wadena Area Concert Association presents 'How Sweet It Is' at 7:30 p.m. at the Memorial Auditorium. Nashville-based Steve Leslie is an awarded singer/songwriter/guitarist.
Friday, Sept. 9-15
Whiskey Creek Film Festival screens six films at the Cozy Theater in Wadena over seven days. Check www.whiskeycreekfilmfestival.org for full details.
Saturday, Sept. 10
Hewitt Historical Society’s Annual Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. and includes dessert, movies and a “silent election” for HHS Board positions at the Hewitt Community Center (located next to the Museum).
- Wadena Farmer's Market open Tuesdays in BN Park from 7 -11 a.m.; and Fridays on the Wesley Lawn from 2-5:30 p.m.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.