Community calendar: Aug. 11 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Thursday, Aug. 11
Wadena Rotary Annual Corn & Chicken Feed from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at BN Park. Advanced tickets – adults $10.50, children 10 and under $6.50. At the park adults $11.50, children 10 and under $7.50.
Friday, August 12
Face-Painting and Photo Fun from 2-5 pm at the Wadena Area Farmer’s Market. The Painted Turtle will be doing face-painting.
Saturday, August 13
- Poet-Frey Manfred at the Uptown Café at 11:30 am. Author “Loon in Late November Water.” Call for reservations 218-631-9079.
- Screenwriter – Tom Pope at the Robertson Theatre at 1:30 pm.
Sunday, Aug. 14
St. John Lutheran Church in Wadena will host their Vacation Bible School titled "Treasure Cove- Discover the riches of Christ" Sunday, Aug. 14 to Thursday, Aug. 18. This is open to ages 3 to 12.
A light meal will be served at 5:30 p.m. with activities from 6 - 8 p.m.
For more information, call the church at 218-631-3000.
Friday, Aug. 19-20
Bluffton Hometown Days.
Saturday, Aug. 20
Wadena Pig N' Wing Challenge at the Wadena County Fairgrounds. Lions start serving at 1 p.m. Car show from 2-6 p.m. Contestants start serving at 5 p.m.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 7 p.m., Tuesdays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.