Community calendar: April 21 edition
Events in the Wadena area.
Saturday, April 23
- Hometown Crafts advanced beginner crochet class from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. with Carol. Call 218-631-3141 for more information.
- Meet Minnesota author David LaRochelle, who creates books for young people, at the New York Mills Public Library at 10:30 a.m.
- Ben Ranson concert at 7:30 p.m. at the New York Mills Cultural Center. Tickets are available online and at the door.
Monday, April 25
Just for Kix spring show "Feeling Groovy" at 6:30 p.m. in the Wadena-Deer Creek elementary gym. Tickets are available online and at the door.
Tuesday, April 26
Friends of the Wadena City Library are having their annual meeting at 3 p.m. at the Wadena library.
Wednesday, April 27
Explore the many reasons why immigrants chose Otter Tail County with Missy Hermes, Education Coordinator of the Otter Tail County Historical Society. The presentation is free and open to all at the New York Mills Public Library at 6:30 p.m. Preregistration is encouraged, call 218-385-2436.
Thursday, April 28
- Free community meal, drive-thru style from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Whirlaways Square dance at the Staples Community Center, 425 4th St. NE from 7:30-10 p.m. The theme is mismatch and the caller is Tom Allen.
- Cards and Farkel 1-4 p.m., Monday - Thursday at the Wadena Senior Center. Closed Friday-Sunday. Call 218-631-4077 for more information.
- Celebrate Recovery program will be held at the Verndale Family Life Church, 402 Clark Dr. NE, from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday. For more information please call 218-445-5568.
- Wadena Open Alcoholics Anonymous meetings at 8 p.m. Tuesdays (book meeting); 7 p.m., Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. Sundays, at 421 NW 4th St, Wadena.
- Life After Loss group for parents dealing with the loss of a child on Tuesdays at 7 p.m. on Zoom with Wellness in the Woods. Join by clicking the VSPN logo at www.mnwitw.org/vpsn.
- Wadena City Library preschool storytimes on Wednesdays are on Facebook at 9 a.m. and in-person at the library at 10 a.m. You can listen to a few stories and make a craft or eat a snack.
- Free community meal, drive-thru style, every last Thursday of the month from 4:30 - 6 p.m. at Saint Ann's Catholic Church in Wadena.
- Wadena Area Food Shelf open 10 a.m. to noon, Mondays and Thursdays. Contact them at 218-631-7605. Located at 205 Aldrich Ave SE, Wadena.
- Verndale Area Food Shelf is open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Thursday; and 5-7 p.m. every first Thursday at 402 NE Clark Dr. Contact the director at 218-445-5568.
- Wadena County Republicans meet on the fourth Tuesday of the month at Pizza Ranch in Wadena. Dinner and visiting at 6 p.m. with speakers and a business meeting at 7 p.m. Call 218-894-1899 for more information.