TCHC Foundation awards $13,000 in grants
These grants are created using the revenue-generating funds at the Minnesota Foundation.
WADENA — The Tri-County Health Care Foundation awarded $13,000 in grants to local organizations.
These grants are created using the revenue-generating funds at the Minnesota Foundation. This allows Tri-County Health Care to take a percentage of the equity each year to distribute in the form of gifts.
The obstetric department at Tri-County Health Care was awarded a $2,000 grant from the fund. This funding will be used to purchase a birthing stool to aid patients through the labor process. Funds will also go toward new towels, gowns and at-home kits that contain essentials for the first few days of parenthood.
- TCHC Obstetrics - $2,000
- Friendly Rider Free Summer Youth Transportation - $500
- Deer Creek Fire and Rescue - $1,300
- Children’s Dental Services - $1,000
- Bertha-Hewitt Community Education Babysitting Program - $200
- City of Wadena Park Advisory - $8,000. This is to be used towards a new play set planned to replace an aging set in Tapley Park.
For more about the Foundation and grants at TCHC.org/foundation.