VA implemented the MISSION Act on June 6. One of the lesser known provisions of the law established a new urgent care benefit that allows eligible veterans access to urgent and walk-in care at participating clinics in their communities.
This is in addition to the continuing ability to visit the St. Cloud VA Urgent Care Clinic in Bldg. 1 at the St. Cloud VA Medical Center, which is available to veterans from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 365 days a year. This is a giant step forward in terms of convenience for veterans, as eligible veterans do not need to get prior authorization from VA to visit an urgent care provider in VA’s network.
This urgent care benefit is meant to give veterans who do not live close to a VA urgent care clinic or who need care after hours a convenient way to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, strep throat and pink eye. To be eligible for urgent and walk-in care, veterans must be enrolled in the VA health care system and have received care through VA from either a VA or community provider within the past 24 months.
Veterans can view participating urgent care clinics in their local area by visiting https://vaurgentcarelocator.triwest.com/Locator/Care. Here is a list of local participating clinics within 50 miles of Wadena from the VA Health care web site
1. Sanford Health Parkers Prairie Clinic
2. Essentia Health Menahga Clinic
3. Essentia Health Park Rapids Clinic
4. Essentia Health St. Mary-Frazee Clinic
5. Sanford Health Park Rapids Clinic
6. Sanford Health Broadway Clinic Alexandria, Mn
7. Sanford Health Easton Place Clinic Alexandria, Mn
8. Alexandria Clinic A Service Of Douglas County Hosp
9. Sanford Health Detroit Lakes Clinic
10. Essentia Health St. Mary-Detroit Lakes Clinic
11. Essentia Health St. Joseph's-Baxter Clinic Urgent Care
12. Essentia Health Convenient Care-Baxter
13. Essentia Health Detroit Lakes Hwy 10
14. Essentia Health-St. Joseph's Medical Center
15. Brainerd Medical Center Inc
16. Sanford Health Pelican Rapids Clinic
17. Essentia Health St. Mary's-Pelican Rapids Clinic
18. Essentia Health Convenient Care Brainerd
As always please see your local County Veterans Service Officer if you have any questions. You can contact your local VSO at (218) 631-7617 or by email at email@example.com and as always have a great week.