TCHC to host flu clinics
Flu season is almost here. In preparation for this season, Tri-County Health Care will host a flu clinic at each of its six rural clinics to administer the influenza vaccine.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by a virus. Severity of the illness ranges from mild to severe. Older individuals, children and those with certain health conditions are most at risk for complications. The best way to prevent the spread of influenza is to receive the flu vaccination.
Tri-County's flu clinics will be held on the following dates:
• Wadena — Tuesday, Oct. 9; Wednesday, Oct. 17 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Sebeka — Wednesday, Oct. 10 — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Verndale — Thursday, Oct. 11 — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Ottertail — Monday, Oct. 15 — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Bertha — Tuesday, Oct. 16 — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Henning — Thursday, Oct. 18 — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pre-registration is encouraged by calling the clinic of your choice. Visit TCHC.org for more information.