Your letters - Oct. 29 edition
Honor and help all veterans
Veterans Day is fast approaching and it is time again to reflect on the sacrifices made by those in the military - past and present - to keep our country free. In addition to honoring all area veterans with the annual Veterans Day supper served from 5 to 7 p.m. and a Veterans Day program at 7:30 p.m. at the VFW Club Rooms in Wadena, the Wadena VFW Post and Auxiliary is seeking donations for the residents of the V.A. hospitals in St. Cloud and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Following is a list of items needed by the residents of the VA hospitals; items may be left at the VFW Club in Wadena or at Wayne's Discount Store in Verndale no later than Nov. 19:
• Personal care items: chap stick, combs in original packaging, denture cleaner, deodorant, disposable razors, emery boards, hand lotion, liquid soap (no bar soap), nail clippers, shampoo and toothbrushes/toothpaste. Items containing alcohol cannot be accepted.
• Clothing items: baseball caps, shower shoes size XL and larger, slippers with non-skid soles, socks (one size fits all), suspenders, underwear size M-3XL, winter gloves, hats and mittens.
• Stationery: greeting cards, ink pens, notebooks, pocket calendars, stationery and postage stamps
• Games/Entertainment: music CDs, cribbage boards, large-print crossword/word find puzzles and playing cards.
• Miscellaneous: Reading glasses (all strengths) and tennis balls for the legs of walkers.
By honoring and helping those who sacrificed for us, we can demonstrate more than lip service to show that we do, indeed, care about our veterans and that we appreciate all they have done for us.
VFW Post 3922 and Auxiliary