Weather Forecast


Minnesota man electrocuted by extension cord

WILLMAR, Minn. -- An Eagle Lake man was electrocuted Sunday evening while working on a boat lift at his home.

According to the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Department, Brian Van Engen, 56, was moving his boat lift when it came into contact with an extension cord that had been rubbed bare of insulation. The cord had been used to supply power to the electric boat lift.

Van Engen went under the water and a neighbor unplugged the extension cord and pulled him from the water. He was transported to Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, where he was pronounced dead.