Weather Forecast


Lighter ignited fire on Fourth Street

Children accidentally started a fire while playing with a lighter in this home in northwest Wadena Sunday, according to Wadena Fire Chief Dean Uselman.

A fire causing substantial damage at 614 Fourth St. N.W. that began around 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon was started accidentally by children playing with a lighter, according to Wadena Fire Chief Dean Uselman. The lighter set the living room curtains on fire and the fire went up the wall to the attic.

There was fire coming through the roof vent when firefighters arrived on the scene, Uselman said. They got the fire under control quickly.

The fire caused some substantial damage to the living room and smoke damage throughout the house, he said. There were no injuries.