Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Photo by Cara Newberry.
Smoke pours out of the attic of Jeane Zosel's residence as Wadena firefighters hustle to set up a ladder to reach the source of the fire.
Photo by Cara Newberry. Smoke pours out of the attic of Jeane Zosel's residence as Wadena firefighters hustle to set up a ladder to reach the source of the fire.

Zosel home on Bryant catches fire Sunday

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts

Wadena, 56482

Wadena Minnesota 314 S. Jefferson, P.O. Box 31 56482

A fire started in the attic of a home on Bryant Avenue Southwest in Wadena Sunday, but no one was harmed in the blaze.

At approximately 3:50 p.m. Sunday, March 18, the house fire was reported to the Wadena Police Department.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The home at 215 Bryant Ave. SW belongs to Jeane Zosel, who said she was present in the home when the fire started.

Zosel initially thought she heard an intruder in her garage only to find upon inspection that sparks were flying from the rafters, she said.

She and a neighbor who had noticed smoke wafting from the roof notified the authorities and the Wadena Fire Department responded immediately, according to Wadena police officer Ron Noon.

Wadena First Assistant Fire Chief Jason Wright said Sunday the initial cause of the blaze is believed to be electrical or faulty wiring. The Verndale Fire Department was also called in to assist with the fire and clean up afterward.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness