WDC One-Act competing at State
Wadena-Deer Creek Drama Department's One-Act Play, "Relativity," earned a first-place finish at Sections on Saturday, Feb. 4 at Wadena Memorial Auditorium. WDC advanced to the State One-Act Contest on Thursday, Feb. 9 at O'Shaughnessy Auditorium on the campus of St. Catherine University in St. Paul. Results were not in by press time.
According to Jay Patterson, WDC One-Act Play director, it was an amazing day for WDC at Sectionals, as the competition was stronger than in past years. WDC's performance as one of the judges said, "was stellar."
"When the results came, the roof went off," said Mr. Patterson. "Our students who had worked so hard were rewarded."
Park Rapids took second, Eagle Valley finished third, but only one play has the privilege of going on to the very prestigious State One-Act Contest at O'Shaughnessy Auditorium.
"When the kids walk into [O'Shaughnessy Auditorium], they will drop their jaws in awe," said Mr. Patterson. "They perform Thursday morning which is tough, but I think these kids will be ready for that. They will be before the best directors and the best plays in our state."
"Relativity" centers on the life and impact of Albert Einstein and is based on a biography written by Walter Isaacson.
Cast and crew (in order of appearance)
1. Albert Einstein: Austin Korkowski
2. Marie Winteler: Samantha Kirkland
3. Mileva Maric: Marie Hunt
4. Pauline, the mother: Beverly Fank
5. Maurice Solovine: Henry Arrigoni
6. Conrad Habicht: Matthew Fank
7. Elsa Einstein, a first cousin: Hope Dumpprope
8. Helen Dukas, a long standing secretary: Alyssa Gilster
9. Player 1 - Chorus: Isaac Berger
10. Player 2 - Chorus: Adam Leverson
11. Player 3 - Chorus: Katelyn Windels
12. Player 4 - Chorus: Nick Mertens
13. Player 5 - Chorus: Allison Monson
14. Player 6 - Chorus: AJ Tollefson
15. Stage Manager: Lindsey Juers
16. Crew: Jodana Albers
17. Crew: Anissa Mench
18. Crew: Beth Schmitz
19. Crew: Hope Norenberg
20. Crew: Darylann Webb