Like Indian food? Then you will love this vegetarian version of Korma, a traditional Indian dish. It is flavorful, exotic and mildly spicy yet extremely delicious. Serve with naan bread and rice.
Makes eight servings
• 3 Tbl. olive oil
• 2 small onions, diced
• 2 teas. minced fresh ginger
• 8 cloves of garlic
• 4 potatoes, cubed
• 8 carrots, sliced
• 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
• ¼ c and 2 Tbl. ground cashews, unsalted
• 2 (four oz.) cans tomato sauce
• 1 Tbl. and 1 teas. salt
• 3 Tbl. curry powder
• 2 cups frozen green peas
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 2 c. heavy cream
• 1 bunch fresh cilantro, for garnish
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic and continue cooking one minute. Mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews and tomato sauce. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook and stir 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir peas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper and cream into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.