Thai chicken pizza
Thai food is one of my favorite types of food to eat. Unfortunately, there are no Thai restaurants in the area, so if I want Thai food, I have to make it myself. My children love pizza, any pizza. They would eat pizza every day if I would let them. This recipe for Thai Chicken Pizza combines my love of Thai with their love of pizza. The fact that it is healthy is a bonus. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Thai Chicken Pizza
Makes about four servings
• 1 pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
• 2 c. shredded cooked chicken breast
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. curry powder
• ½ c. pizza sauce
• 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
• ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
• ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
• 1 small red onion, finely diced
• 3 cilantro bunches, chopped
• 1 c. shredded carrots
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, toss the shredded chicken with the olive oil and curry powder. Top pizza crust with sauce and shredded cheese. Then add the curried chicken, red pepper, yellow pepper and red onion. Sprinkle the cilantro leaves over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crust is done in the center.