Propane tank unearthed
An explosive disaster was averted in a southwest Wadena neighborhood Tuesday when an underground filled propane tank was hit on the Dick and Sue Wirta property.
Dick Wirta said they were putting in new water and sewer lines when the decades-old and still full propane tank was touched but fortunately not damaged.
"Thank goodness," he said about the gas not exploding. "It would have taken off two complete blocks, I think."
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.