News briefs - April 24 edition
Red Cross blood drives set in May
The American Red Cross will be holding blood drives in May in the following locations:
• May 6 from 12 noon to 6 p.m. at Community Center, 607 2nd St. in Henning.
• May 8 from 12 noon to 6 p.m. at American Legion Post 12, 714 Commerce Road in Long Prairie.
• May 9 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Verndale High School, 411 Brown St. SW in Verndale.
Call (800)733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
Senior health clinics scheduled in May
Senior Health Clinics sponsored by Wadena County Public Health will be held in the following locations:
• Friday, May 21 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at the Verndale Christian Missionary Alliance.
• Friday, May 9 from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Sebeka Senior Center.
• Wednesday, May 28 from 8:30 to11:30 a.m. at Menahga Senior Center.
• Friday, May 16 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Humphrey Manor.
Health screening including blood pressure, vision, hearing, medication review,foot care, immunizations, health information and referrals are provided. Bring your medications along. Please bring your MN Health Plan card if you have one. For further information call Public Health at (218) 631-7629.
Wadena County Public Health to hold maternal and child health clinic May 1
A maternal and child health multiservice clinic, sponsored by Wadena County Public Health will be held on Thursday, May 1 at the Wadena County Public Health Department in Wadena. This includes WIC appointments from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; immunizations from 3 to 5 p.m.; prenatal assessment/teaching by appointment from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and child and teen checkups (C&TC) by appointment.
For more information, call (218)631-7629.
Immunization clinics set for May
Wadena County Public Health Department will conduct monthly immunization clinics as follows for the month of May:
• Thursday, May 1 at Wadena County Public Health, Wadena from 3 to 5 p.m.
• Tuesday, May 20 at Wadena County Public Health, Wadena from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
Please bring your immunization record to the clinic to verify what immunizations are needed. All minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. For further questions or information, contact Wadena County Public Health at (218)631-7629.