A healthy side dish is this sumptuous rice. it has only 158 calories and 2.8 grams of fat per serving.
Makes six servings
• One c. brown rice
• One tbl. olive oil
• One and a half c. chicken broth
• One-half onion, finely chopped
• One-half green bell pepper, finely chopped
• One jalapeno, chopped
• One tomato, seeded and chopped
• One cube chicken bouillon
• One-half teas. cumin
• One-half c. cilantro, chopped
• One clove of garlic, chopped
In a medium sauce pan, cook rice in oil over medium heat for about three minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in onion, green pepper, jalapeno and diced tomato. Season with bouillon cube, salt and pepper, cumin, cilantro and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.