Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Children accidentally started a fire while playing with a lighter in this home in northwest Wadena Sunday, according to Wadena Fire Chief Dean Uselman.

Lighter ignited fire on Fourth Street

Email

A fire causing substantial damage at 614 Fourth St. N.W. that began around 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon was started accidentally by children playing with a lighter, according to Wadena Fire Chief Dean Uselman. The lighter set the living room curtains on fire and the fire went up the wall to the attic.

There was fire coming through the roof vent when firefighters arrived on the scene, Uselman said. They got the fire under control quickly.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness