Fire on Jefferson
Luke Manderschied of the Wadena County Sheriff's Department talks with a Wadena fireman from the window of a second story apartment Monday afternoon at 208 South Jefferson. A report of smoke coming from the window brought emergency personnel to the scene. Firemen found a some cushions smoldering in the apartment. Wadena fire chief Dean Uselman suspected the fire may have been started by a cigarette. The fire caused some light smoke damage in the apartment. The building is owned by Craig Folkestad.