A current news quiz on U.S. foreign policy
1. What country receives the most U.S. foreign aid annually?
2. What country has taken aid of more than $150 billion in U.S. tax dollars (no strings attached) over the last 50 years?
3. What country is provided with $3 billion in U.S. aid every year and demands full payment the first month of every year? This country then lends some of this $3 billion back to the U.S. so it can collect a great interest windfall? (This aid, by the way, is money we U.S. taxpayers have to borrow and pay interest on from people like the Chinese.)
4. What country has benefited from the U.S. position on the U.N. Security Council by the U.S. veto more than 100 times on every resolution condemning its treatment of citizens and people under the hegemony over the last two generations?
5. What country is the ongoing recipient of aid and support from U.S. evangelicals and fundamentalist Christians for its dominant role in the Middle East (while secretly snickering over this largesse when they don't even believe in the Christian Messiah)?
6. What country has more than 200 atomic weapons, but is never questioned or asked for confirmation by world powers?
7. What country was last brought to heel by President Eisenhower over its conduct in the Middle East, and no U.S. president has ever dared to confront them since?
8. What country and its policies of apartheid and contravention of the German Conventions on rules of war demands exemption from international rules of conduct?
Would there be more people like Helen Thomas ...
Sources: "The Israel Lobby" by John J. Mearsheimer and Stephen M. Walt